Narayana Engineering College, Nellore is a private college managed by The Narayana Group. The college was established in 1998 by Mr. P Narayana and is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur and accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The institution has grown considerably since inception and currently has 9 departments and an intake of 480 students per year.
The college offers Undergraduate and Masters courses in disciplines including:
- B.Tech and M.Tech
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical And Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics And Communication Engineering
- Computer Science And Engineering
- Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering
- Masters Of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master Of Computer Application (MCA)
The admission requirements for these courses are as follows:
The campus spans 35 acres and has three blocks (A, B, and C) with Block B housing the administration center. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled. Additional facilities include:
- Male and female on-campus hostels
- Canteen with in-house kitchen. Separate dining facilities for men and women.
- Air-conditioned auditorium equipped with audio and video equipment. Accommodates over 500 individuals.
- Multi-equipment gym with qualified gym instructor. Separate timings for men and women. Basketball court, ball and shuttle badminton courts, volleyball court, cricket practicing net, and kho-kho field.
- Centralized library of 7,000 square feet accommodating 300 students. Houses over 40,000 books, 100 national and international journals, and 40 systems of digital medium references. Also contains an audiovisual theatre and seminar rooms for project-based discussions.
Extra-curricular activities available to students include:
- Student clubs such as the photography club and women’s empowerment forum.
- Sports events like Basket Ball selection-JNTUA, Independence Day Games, Games for Staff on Engineer’s Day, EENADU cup, Republic Day Games, Sports Day, and 5K Run.
- Volunteer events through the National Service Scheme.
The official website of the college is http://www.necnellore.com/index.html
Cutoff and Placements
Placement & Training Cell
Narayana Engineering College has a strong Placement and Training Cell(TPC). This cell provides various Career Development programmes to its students to introduce them to the prospective recruiters.
The cell designs training programmes after the rigorous analysis of unique requirements of several companies. They impart training to its students with the help of reputed trainers.
Every year this college organizes recruitment drive in their colleges and several MNCs and other companies take part in this.
Followings are some of the top recruiters in 2017-
- Shapoorji Pallonji
- HTC Global Services
- L&T Construction etc.
In 2015-16 total 482 ( Total 540 students enrol themselves for it) students got placement through this recruitment drive. Average salary package was 3.30 lacs PA.
This college has its own placement portal through which the interested companies/recruiters communicate with the college PTC.
This college offers internship opportunities to almost all students.
Hostel and Facilities
The college provides hostel facilities.
This college is situated in Nellore, Tamil Nadu and its campus cover 35 acres area. The whole campus is divided into 3 blocks.
Other facilities include:
- College canteen
- Computer lab
Besides that, there are well organized separate labs for different departments. This college provides medical services to all its students.
It has a well-stocked, centrally air-conditioned library. Apart from the books this central library has huge collections of online journals. To provide booksto the backward class students, this college library has SC/ST book bank.
The college has a medium sized auditorium which can accommodate 600 people. It also has a conference room and 2 sports grounds.
The students of this college celebrates Friendship Day, Fresher’s Day, and Annual Day etc.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at NEC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.