Sri Satya Narayana Engineering College, Ongole is a private university affiliated to Jawahar Lal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. This university has got its approbation from All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
This university offers courses for post graduate as well as undergraduate programs with total intake of 60 students in each batch.
The list of the departments in the college is:
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
The admissions for undergraduate courses are done on the basis of percentage scored in the 12th standard and AP EAMCET, a common entrance exam conducted at state level. While for post graduate courses admissions are done on the basis of percentage scored in respective UG course.
The college provides students with various facilities which include a library, sports ground, an open auditorium, hostel accommodation, transport facility, and well infrastructure IT hub.
Application and Admission Procedure
The admission to the college is based on an AP and EAMCET test. Around 65% of the seats are filled through window counselling and the rest are through merit. 25 seats are for those students who excel in both academics and sports and some are for the toppers with full scholarships.
Fees of the application form can be paid online through a series of steps.
- Click on the payment gateway on the official website
- Enter the Serial number or enrolment number followed by clicking proceed
- Check the fee details and click on proceed for payment
- Select the appropriate method of transaction i.e. solely through net banking or with a combination of debit,credit and net banking.
- Fees can be paid through paytm as well. ‘’
Some instructions are to be followed by the students during the filling up of the forms.
- The students have to pay rs. 1250 for CD and brochure. An additional convenience fee of rs. 60 along with GST and payment gateway charges are to be online.
- Class xi and xii’s mark sheets should be submitted by telengana and Andhra Pradesh board.
- Community certificate is required to be submitted by students except the open community.
- Eligibility criteria should be checked.
- Relevant section should be clicked to fill in the details.
- After filling the details, it should be submitted by pressing the submit button.
- Communication will be done with only the qualified candidates.
Hostel and Facilities
SRI SATYA NARAYANA ENGINEERING COLLEGE ONGOLE
The college provides hostel facility for both male and female students separately. Basic furniture is installed in the rooms.
Facilities that are provided to the hostellers are-
- Kitchen attached with room
- Dining hall
- Reading room
- TV room
- Telephone facility
The campus of the college is built over more than 10 acres of land. The campus offers many facilities that include an auditorium, sports annexes, counselling centre, health care, transport, wifi enabled, library, labs, and cafeteria
Like education, other extracurricular activities are also the concern of the college. The college has started certain societies and clubs that carry these activities for the benefit of the students.
Some of the societies and clubs are the Organic club, the Wall Street club, Pustak the book club, Market Rovers the marketing club, Dance Club, SSN Theatre, Music & Fine Arts Club, and literary club.
Every year the college organizes some fests such as-
- Annual Intercollegiate Cultural Festival of SSN
- The Tribute
- The Slime Space
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at SSN students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.