Ambedkar Institute of Management Studies, Visakhapatnam was established in 1995 under the sponsorship of Dr. Ambedkar People’s Educational Trust, Hyderabad with an approved programme of 2 – year Full – Time Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It aims to produce managers to the world with quality training and all – round personality development for articulate management in the business fields.How To apply
- Students are required to apply offline by purchasing the application form from the college office by paying INR 800 via a Demand Draft/Cash or by downloading the application form from the institute website – http://www.aimsbschool.org or by clicking on the link - http://www.aimsbschool.org/allpages.php?id=21 which is to be filled – in and sent to the institute office with a Demand Draft for INR 800/-
- Applicants are required to enclose with the application form the following document(s):
- Copy of Rank Card or Rank Memo in MAT/G-INDOMAT / MBACET
- Provisional/Original Degree/Pass Certificate of qualifying examination
- Marks lists of the qualifying examination
- Date of Birth certificate
- Caste Certificate if the candidate belongs to SC/ST
- Admissions to PGDBM at AIMS are based on All India exam scores – particularly MAT/CMAT/ATMA/ICET exam scores.
- Shortlisted students will be invited for a Group Discussion and/or Private Interview for admissions to the PGDBM course.
- Analysis of Admissions is based on Gender – wise, State – wise, Discipline – wise and Specialization – wise.
Cut off marks/Last candidate to be admitted is supposed to be at 50% of marks obtained in competitive exams.Eligibility Criteria
- Students who hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university/institute are eligible for admissions to PGDBM course.
- Reservation criteria of seats is in the case for SC/ST/OBC, physically challenged students and students belonging to minorities with no exceptions regarding application for admissions.
- Reserved students as aforementioned, with a degree from a recognized university/institute having a minimum of 50% aggregate of marks are given a 5% relaxation.
AIMS situated in Sandipani Nagar, Yendada, Visakhapatnam provides students with ample Class rooms and tutorial rooms along with Seminar Halls, Library and a Computer Centre with 60 machines to accommodate per students.Hostel
- AIMS provides a tie – up arrangement with external Hostel facilities for both Boys and Girls which is a limited arrangement in close proximity of the college.
- SC/ST/OBC students, if they fill the social welfare norms may stay in social welfare hostels near the institute.
- Average salary package is known to be INR 300,000 per annum and AIMS has a track record of providing 100% placements (on – campus/off - campus) over the past 5 years.
- The list of companies that were involved in recruiting students from on – campus placements are GENPACT, IndusInd Bank, ICICI Bank, GATI Logistics Ltd., HDFC Bank, Reliance Communication Ltd., Dr. Reddy Labs – Hyderabad, Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Co. Ltd. – Visakhapatnam, etc.
- In the last academic year 50 placements were recorded by the AIMS by on – campus recruitments.
- AIMS develops and inculcates reasoning as well as aptitude in students to land them job in campus recruitments by activities such as Mock Interview and Alumni Interaction.
- Please visit http://www.aimsbschool.org/allpages.php?id=29 for more details on Placements at AIMS.
- Reserved students – SC/ST/OBC are awarded social welfare scholarships with norms generalized by the government.
- Fee concessions are offered to other SC/ST students by the institute.
- Merit Scholarships are awarded to scholars who shine with their distinct results with a stipend of INR 500 each month for the particular academic year.
- Future managers are groomed with the various activities and clubs available at AIMS.
- The Management Club is a student – driven club which organizes regular events to sharpen managerial and personality skills.
- Also, Alumni interface and Sports as well as Cultural activities organized by the institute expose the students to an all – round development.
- Last date for collecting applications from office/online - 30th May
- Last date for submission of filled – in application form and documents - 10th June
- Dates for Group Discussion (GD) / Personal Interviews (PI) - 15th June
- Dates for final results’ announcement - 15th June
- Release of admission list (main list and waiting list shall be announced on the same day) - 15th June
- Date for acceptance by the candidate (time given shall be more than 15 days)
- Last date for closing of admissions - 30th June
- Start of the new Academic session - 1st July
The course fee per annum is INR 150,000 i.e. aggregate sum for 2 semesters in an academic year.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at AIMS students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.