Vignan's Institute of Information Technology (VIIT), Visakhapatnam is a centre of excellence in value based education, training, research and consultancy. The institute has been successfully growing and molding the students into complete individuals who are competent energy in meeting global industry challenges. The institute is approved by AICTE, accredited by NAAC and is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. The vision of VIIT is to be recognized leader in technical education and shall aim at national excellence by creating competent & socially conscious technical manpower for the current and the future industrial requirements and development of the nation. Their mission is to fulfill their vision by undertaking research & development in thrust areas, introducing innovative practices of Teaching Learning, continuously collaborating with industry, promoting strong set of ethical values and serving the surrounding region and nation at large.
To Evolve As Centre Of Excellence In Science & Technology
We envision to be recognized leader in technical education and shall aim at national excellence by creating competent & socially conscious technical manpower for the current and the future industrial requirements and development of the nation.
We intend to fulfill our stated vision by undertaking research & development in thrust areas, introducing innovative practices of Teaching Learning, continuously collaborating with industry, promoting strong set of ethical values and serving the surrounding region and nation at large.
Long Term Goals
- To prepare students suitable for the needs of present & emerging technology world by imparting quality education.
- To forge close relationships with industry and research organizations.
- To facilitate at least 50% faculty of the college to acquire highest academic qualification i.e Ph.D.
Short Term Goals
- To obtain pass percentage of 90
- To enable 85% of eligible students to get jobs.
- To Conduct National level STTP, Workshop, seminars & FDPs at least 5 Inter college level / year.
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Basic Science and Humanities
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Application
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at VIIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.