GMR institute of Technology is situated in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh. The institute was established in the year 1997. It is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada.
The institute offers Bachelor’s of Technology degree in many courses. Some of them are as follows:
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
The students get admission in Bachelor’s degree through All India Engineering Entrance Examination, conducted yearly.
The Students for Master’s degree are selected on the basis of scores of GATE or PGCET. The institute offers Master’s degree, some of the courses for Master’s degree are:
- Computer science & Engineering
- Digital Electronics & Communication Systems
- Power and Industrial Drives
- Mechanical — CAD / CAM
The institute campus maintains a clean environment which helps the students for their growth. The Institute has a placement cell for guidance to undergraduate as well as master’s students.
Application and Admission Procedure
- The candidates need to appear for the Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET) in order to take admission in the desired engineering courses.
How to apply
- The application forms can be filled online or offline mode via the respective portals available.
- The first step will be to visit the AP EAMCET website to start the online application process.
- The candidates will be redirected to the four-step application process by clicking the AP EAMCET tab.
- The first step will be to pay the application fee which is 507.50 INR using the debit or the credit card. After the payment process, the candidates need to fill the online application form with the requisite details accurately.
- The scanned copies of the recent passport size photographs and signature as per the dimensions specified has to be uploaded. After all this, the candidates need to click on the submit button which will be the end of the application process.
- The last step will be to take out the printout of the application form for future reference.
Hostel and Facilities
The GMRIT campus, spread over 117 acres is conveniently located in the industrial town of Rajam near Visakhapatnam. It provides a wide range of facilities to its students.
It has nine hi-tech departmental libraries. To avail the library services, the students need to get a membership. The library is fully computerized with all its 50 computers connected to each other via LAN.
The campus’s Knowledge Resource Center has subscription to online journals via the DELTA R5 server. The other campus facilities include- 1 on-campus Andhra Bank Branch with ATM, a post office, canteens, a bakery, a convenience store, wi-fi network, lecture and seminar halls and a wide range of indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
GMRIT has well equipped hostels for both boys and girls. The boys’ hostel consisting of 5 blocks can accommodate 1263 students and girls’ hostel consisting of 2 blocks can accommodate 444 students.