Sanketika Vidya Parishad Engineering College (SVPEC) is a private engineering college founded in 1979 as one of the 22 educational institutions by former education minister of Andhra Pradesh, Late Sri. S. Alwar Das.
The college offers degree in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses, admissions in which are done through entrance examinations and the eligibility for which is a minimum of 50% in 10+2. Entrances for different courses in SVPEC are:
- BTECH: Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical common entrance test (AP EAMCET)
- BTECH Lateral: Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP ECET)
- MTECH: Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET)
- MBA and MCA: Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET)
The courses in various disciplines are:
- BTECH: Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Civil & Mechanical.
- MTECH: VLSI, Communication systems, Machine design, Transportation, Computer Science, Industrial, Power system & automation, Structural and Industrial.
- MBA: Finance & Marketing
- MCA: Computer Applications
Some of the facilities provided by college include separate boys & girls’ hostel, library, indoor & outdoor sports complex, hospital, labs and transportation services.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to apply:
The college offers B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA and MCA courses in different streams. The application can be through offline mode:
Offline mode: Form for different streams can be downloaded from the official website of SVPEC college. 5 different forms are available to each student.
Printouts of all these must be taken out and filled fully. The forms must be submitted at the admission branch of the college along with these documents attached:
- Study certificates of 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th standards
- Inter/CBSE/Diploma original marksheets
- SSC/SSLC/ or any other equivalent exam’s original certificate
- Rank card
- Admit card
- Residence certificate, Caste certificate, Income certificate and Transfer certificate
- 6 Passport sized photographs
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- B.Tech- Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects in matriculation, intermediate and AP EAMCET marks.
- M.E/M.Tech- BE or B.Tech in relevant stream with AP PGECET; MBA- Graduation and AP ICET score is needed.
- MCA- Maths as a subject in matriculation and intermediate along with AP ICET score.
A convener and management quota will also be considered. NRI and NIQ quota is available for Non Resident Indian students. Seats for NIQ is based on AIEEE rank.
Hostel and Facilities
The campus of the Sanketika Vidya Parishad Engineering College is located in the southern part of India in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The facilities provided at the college campus include modern up to date infrastructure and a calm environment with green and clean surroundings.
Interactive lecture halls are built in conjunction with audio-visual classrooms for better learning quotient and capability enhancement. A wide variety if provisions are provided inside the library which includes a well-stocked book bank and a digital library for accessing high-quality journals and other research-related works.
Highly equipped laboratories and workshops are also housed in the college premises. Other facilities include Transportation, canteen, sports arena and a dispensary.
Regular debates and national and international level conference are held in the institute. Other extracurricular activities on the campus are various sports meets and cultural fests organised ath the college level.
|Maximum salary offered||240000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||160000|
To pursue MBA at SVPEC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.