DNR College or Dantuluri Narayan Raju College is one of the oldest colleges in India. Established in the year 1945 before independence the Institute was an offshoot of Renaissance thinking and National Movement. Started in the name of Dantuluri Narayan Raju a freedom fighter the college initially had only undergraduate courses. It was only in the year 1971 that postgraduate courses were also introduced. Affiliated to Andhra University the college has a mission of providing community oriented and learner-centric curricular improvement. The college has set as a goal of achieving the status of “College with Potential for Excellence”.How to Apply
Candidates who wish to pursue the above program need to appear for ICET exam conducted by the Andhra University and should have attained a rank. It is on the basis of this rank that the admissions are to be made. The University would allot the candidates college based on merit list.Admission Procedure
The admission to the MBA program will be made on the basis of scores achieved in the ICET exams conducted by the Andhra University. The students would then be required to present all the documents required along with the scorecard at the college, only after which admissions would be provided. Following documents would be required to seek admission to the college
- Passing Certificate of Graduation/ Provisional for Final Year Students
- Original Marks Memo
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
The college provides a two-year full-time course in M.B.A. Every year 60 students are admitted to this program through the entrance test conducted by Andhra University.Cut off
The criteria for cut – off is as generalized by government norms.Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for this program need to have an undergraduate degree in any discipline from a University recognized by UGC. Apart from this they should have passed the program with a minimum of 50%. They should also have appeared for state entrance test conducted by Andhra University and have a valid score for same.Campus Facilities
- The college has a centralized library with around 30,000 books and has a subscription to more than 90 journals. The library has been spaciously building to provide great learning aid to students.
- There are numerous labs for the complete development of an individual. These include the English Lab, Commerce computer lab, These labs are designed to provide a hands-on learning experience to students.
- Apart from this the college has a very well built seminar hall in which lectures or sessions with eminent people of industry are regularly organized. Also, it has an auditorium where activities such as Cultural program, are organized.
The college has a permanent hostel building on its premises. The capacity for the boys hostel is 1000 whereas it is 1200 for girls. The student are provided everything that they need along with nutritious food prepared in hygienic conditions.Placements
- The list of companies that recruited students from the 2012-14 batch were Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Gayatri Drugs, Aqua Labs, Divi Labs,
- To know more about the placement of MBA course you can visit this link http://dnrcollege.org/facilities_placements.asp
- The scholarship is given to EWS section or the SC/ST category of students.
- Scholarships are given to the children of Freedom Fighters.
- Ex-Servicemen scholarship are given to Students
- Riyathi Scholarship is given to a student whose parents died in service.
- Central Hindi Scholarships
The fee structure for the MBA program is:
Total Fees: - 5,00/- per semester
*Other Expenses such as hostel, books and uniform cost, library cost all account for Rs. 2000/-
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at DNR students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.