The journey of Guntur Engineering College (sponsored by Krsihansai Educational Society, Guntur) began in the year 2008 with a vision to provide quality higher technical education and instill education through its dedicated staff, making the students from the local and rural areas, so that they become enlightened individuals.
The Guntur Engineering College recognizes the value of quality education and employs qualified and experienced faculty. All faculty members are well acclaimed and admired in their respective field.GEC, approved by AICTE - New Delhi & affiliated to JNTUK, started its functioning in the year 2008 itself with 239 students to pursue B.Tech in EEE, ECE, CSE and IT branches (an intake of 60 students in each). It is upgraded with Mechanical Engineering at UG level and MBA at PG level in the year 2009, rising to an intake of 360 in total. In the subsequent year i.e., in 2010 an additional section in ECE was added to make 420 intakes in all. Another milestone has reached to the year 2011 by starting M.Tech course in CSE and enhancing the intake in Mechanical Engineering and MBA at UG and PG levels respectively to 120 each. Continuing the explorative experience in quality education M.Tech VLSI Design in the ECE department and enhancement of M.Tech in CSE from intake of 12 to 18 was made effective from the academic year 2012 - 2013. AICTE, New Delhi has also accorded its approval to start DIPLOMA level courses in Electrical and Mechanical engineering departments; however permission is awaited from state government.
Vision & Mission
- To be a world class institution imparting technical education and inculcating research in advanced and emerging technologies.
- To be a premier institution for imparting technical education, instill high pattern of discipline making students technologically superior and improve the quality of life.
- Undertaking Research & Development activities in emerging areas.
- Introducing new innovative courses based on the industry and social demands. Serving the community at large.
- Collaborating with National, International Institutes, Research & Development organizations and Industries.
- Get accredited by NAAC & NBA.
- Developing as a premier Institution with University status.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at GEC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.