About the institute
National Institute of Financial Management is an autonomous institution of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India and is located in Faridabad, Haryana It offers a PGDM course in Financial Management as well as Financial Marketing. It also has a PGDM Executive Course in Financial Markets. The other courses that it offers are Diploma in Government Financial Management, Fellow Programme in Management and Diploma in Public Financial Management.
How to apply?
- The application form is to be downloaded from the college website: http://www.nifm.ac.in/Site/MiddlemenuDesc.aspx?Name=Howtoapply
- For the PGDM course in Financial Markets, the duly filled application form, resume, proof of educational qualifications and work experience (if any), copy of the score card for the entrance exam taken, and a Demand Draft of Rs 900 in favour of National Institute of Financial Management payable at New Delhi or Faridabad is to be sent to the address : National Stock Exchange of India Ltd., 4 Floor, Jeevan Vihar Building, Parliament Street, New Delhi-110 001. The application form can also be submitted by paying an amount of Rs. 900 at the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd., New Delhi.
- For the PGDM in Financial Management course, the duly filled application form is to be submitted with a Demand Draft of Rs. 500 payable in favour of the Accounts Officer, National Institute of Financial Management, Faridabad.
- For the PGDM course in Financial management, a Group Discussion and Personal Interview session will be held for the short listed candidates.
- For the PGDM course in Financial Markets, any of the following entrance exams are accepted : CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT. The score in the entrance exam is to be sent along with the application form. If one does not have the valid scores for any of these exams, he is to take the NIFM-NSE online test and have to register for the same on the NSE website. A personal interview of the shortlisted candidates is then held at NSE, New Delhi.
- For the PGDM course in Financial Management and Financial Markets, one must have completed the graduation or any equivalent degree by a university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities and must have secured at least 50 % of the marks. The upper age limit is 50 years on the last date of submission of the application form.
- Students from the Corporate sector are to have their CAT scores and a minimum 3 year experience to be eligible for Financial management Course.
- Preference is given to students who have completed professional qualifications for the Financial Marketing course. Government Sponsored officers are eligible for admission without the online test and interview.
Campus Facilities (i.e. Infrastructure)
The picturesque campus of NIFM of 40.81 acres is located near the Badkhal lake. It has spacious classrooms, a well stocked library, auditorium and various recreational facilities.
Hostel facility is available to all students on a single occupancy as well as a double occupancy basis. All the necessary facilities are also provided.
NIFM has various linkages to various companies like Deloitte, CNBC, Singapore Stock Exchange, BNP Paribas, HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, etc.
Important DatesPGDM in Financial Markets :
- Last day of application – 30th April, 2015
- NIFM NSE Online Test – 4th to 8th may, 2015
- Declaration of result – 11th May
- Personal Interview- 25th to 27th May, 2015
- Annoucement of 1st list of candidates – 29th May
- Commencement of session – 1st Jule, 2015
- Last date for submission of application form : 24th April 2015-
- Group discussion and Interview – 15th May onwards
- Session commencement – 1st June 2015
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at NIFM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.