The college was established in the year 1950 with the financial help of Rs One lakh from‘Chaudhary Babu Mahadeo Prasad Trust’ and Rs 35000/ from Thakurani Bhagwati Devi, daughter of Ch. Mahadeo Prasad. The college is under the governance of ‘Kayastha Pathshala’which is the Asia’s biggest trust. The college started with B.Sc. course in 1950 in the building of K.P. Intermediate College. The college was shifted to its present location at Mahatma Gandhi Marg, George Town, Allahabad in 1953 in the ‘Agra Jamindar Association’ building. Faculty of Arts was started in the year 1955. ‘Sampoornand Hostel’ was inaugurated by our first Prime Minister Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru in 1957. Classes of law started in the year 1972. The commerce faculty was started in the year 1976. Faculty of Law was shifted to Kamla Nehru Marg in 1990. There is a separate Girls wing at Kamla Nehru Road.
The college is a co-educational institute and it has been associated to University of Allahabad since its establishment and it become ‘Constituent’ of the University of Allahabad in 2005 when the central status of the university was restored.
The mission of the college is to provide all-round intellectual, physical, moral and spiritual development of students. It promotes commitment among student for social upliftment and human values. The college provides under-graduate education in the stream of Arts, Commerce , Science and Law. The college has infrastructure facilities like Library, Gymnasium, Cafeteria, Conference room and Seminar room, Lecture theatres, Museum, Botanical Garden, Play ground, Health Centre, Computer centre etc.
- To provide excellence in education
- To inculcate a value system in students
- To promote use of technology
- To foster global competencies among students
- To contribute to National Development
- Quality education
- Post graduation and research
- To prepare socially committed and economically self reliant students
- The College to make its mark on the global academic map for high ethical standards and responsiveness to the social environment.
Department of Hindi
Department of Sanskrit
Department of Sociology
Department of Botany
Department of Chemistry
Department of Mathematics
Department of Physics
Department of Zoology
For more details about admission please contact :-
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates