Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University was known as Agra University before 1995. It is located at Agra in the state Uttar Pradesh. It is a State University established in the year 1927. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University has been recognised by University Grants Commission.
There are fourteen (14) affiliated colleges under the university; formerly it consisted of Arts, Commerce, and Science and law faculties. Different faculties like Medicine, Home Science, Basic Science and Management was later added. Most of the Homeopathy colleges in Uttar Pradesh have been affiliated to the university.
The University serves seven districts of Agra Division Agra, Aligarh, Mainpuri, Hathras, Firozabad, Etah and Mathura.Sarojini Naidu Medical Collegehas affiliated the university.
There are four residential campus of the university.
The Department of History, Basic Science, Physical Education, Vocational Education, Life Science and few others run independently. Admissions to the courses are done through major national and state level entrance exams.
The website of the university is: https://www.dbrau.org.in/default.aspx
Hostel and Facilities
- The University provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls
- There are a total of 4 Girls Hostels and 7 Boys Hostels. The Girls Hostels have a total cumulative capacity of 1400 and the Boys Hostels have a total cumulative capacity of 2500 plus
- On campus Wi-Fi facility and Medical Emergency Services are provided
- The hostel fee is around Rs.30000 – 60000 per year
- Large Mess Dining Halls are provisioned, where food is served at from Rs.45 per meal
- Rooms are well furnished and contains all the essential amenities
- DRA University (formerly Agra University) has a long history 96 years, and is an institution of repute throughout the state.
- Apart from academics, focus is also given to sports, with on campus badminton courts, basketball courts, etc.
- The University also organises placement drives for its students. More than 100 reputed National and Multinational companies like HCL, HDFC, SAP, HCC etc have visited the institution.
- The University has a huge central library with a collection of around 1,40,000 books, 14,000 doctoral dissertations, 12000 Bound back Volumes of periodicals, journals among others.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates