Kakatiya University Distance Education Admissions 2023, Fee Structure, Eligibility
Kalkatiya University is a public educational institution established in 1976 in Warangal, Telangana. With a faculty strength of 248 it offers 120 programs at Undergraduate and Post graduate level in Arts, Science, Commerce , Business Management among others.
The School of Distance Learning and Continuing Education (SDLCE) at Kakatiya University was established in 1988 to offer a number of graduate and postgraduate courses to over 5,000 students in the Telangana region. The programs are meant for students unable to attend regular courses.
Admission and Application Procedure
The admission procedure to any of the distance learning programmes in done offline. The application form can be downloaded from the official website or obtained in-person from the SDLCE Head Office at Kakatiya University or any of the SDLCE Study centres by paying a nominal fee. The prospectus lists the required fees, study centres, regulations and all other details pertaining to the programme.
Application Fee: For PG/ PG Diploma/ Diploma/ Certificate Courses, the fee is Rs. 250. For UG Courses, the fee is Rs. 200, while for M.Sc Physics/ Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ PG Diploma (Guidance and Counselling), the applicant has to pay Rs. 500.
Payment Process: The application fee has to be paid through-
- Challan at State Bank of India (SBI) counter at SDLCE Branch only
- Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘Director, SDLCE, KU, Warangal’ from SBI/Andhra Bank only, payable at Warangal. The name and address of the applicant, along with the programme opted for should be clearly written at the back of the DD.
Postal/Money Orders or any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
Students claiming for concession (under the unemployed SC/ ST/ Women candidate category) must request for the concession form over the counter. This form needs to be filled out and attested by a Gazetted Officer before submission.
Employees of Kakatiya University will need to submit a copy of their service certificate to be eligible for concession.
Supporting Documents: The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application –
- Transfer Certificate from last Institute attended – Original + Photocopy
- Degree/Provisional Certificate of last examination successfully cleared – Photocopy
- Migration Certificate (for students from other universities) – Original
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ ST/ OBC students) – Photocopy
- Birth Certificate or SSC as Proof of Birth – Photocopy
- Mark sheet of SSC or equivalent – Photocopy
- Mark sheet of Intermediate or equivalent – Photocopy
- Mark sheet of degree examination or equivalent (if applicable) – Photocopy
- Payment receipt (Crosses DD/ Challan – University copy) – Original
- Passport-size Photograph (to be fixed on the admission form)
|Course||Total Fees (INR)|
|BSc Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science||Rs.23,600/-|
|M.A English/ Hindi/ Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Economics/ Political Science/ History/ Public Administration/ Sociology/ Rural Development||Rs.9,000/-|
|M.A Human Resource Management||Rs.14,000/-|
|M.Sc Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ Physics||Rs.11,000/-|
Note – Concession of Rs. 200 on the total course fee is applicable for candidates who are – Unemployed or SC/ ST or Women
Fees include Transfer Certificate (Rs. 100), Bonafide Certificate (Rs. 50), Migration Certificate (Rs. 135), Migration Form (Rs. 15) and Postal Charges (Rs. 50)
- Cost of Change of Course/Subject – Rs. 400
- Cost of Change of Study Centre – Rs. 500
- Cost of Re-admission – Rs. 530
Age Criteria: There is no upper age limit for applicants to any of the distance education programmes.
|Course||Minimum Eligibility Criteria|
|B.A||At least 18 years of age And Passed the university entrace test. For direct admission – 10+2 or equivalent|
|B.Com (General)||At least 18 years of age And Passed the university entrace test. For direct admission – 10+2 or equivalent|
|B.Com (Computers)||At least 18 years of age And Passed the university entrace test. For direct admission – 10+2 or equivalent|
|BBM||At least 18 years of age And Passed the university entrace test. For direct admission – 10+2 or equivalent|
|BSC Maths/Statistics/Computer Science||At least 18 years of age And Passed the university entrace test and passed SSC. For direct admission – 10+2 or equivalent.|
|BLISc||Any graudate from recognized university|
|BCJ||Any graudate from recognized university|
|BEd||In service teacher|
|MCJ||Any graudate from recognized university|
|LLM||LLB with 45% marks from any recognised university|
|M.A English/ Hindi/ Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Economics/ Political Science/ History/ Public Administration/||Bachelor’s degree with relevant subject as main/optional from any recognised university|
|M.A Sociology/ Rural Development||Bachelor’s degree in any subject from any recognised university|
|M.A Human Resource Management||Any graudate from recognized university|
|MSW||Any graudate from recognized university|
|M.Sc Psychology||Any graudate from recognized university|
|M.Sc Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ Physics||Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with relevant subject as main with 50% marks|
|M.Com||Bachelor’s degree in Commerce|
|MBA||Graudate from a recognized university and valid ICET score|
|MEd||Graduate in-service teacher with BEd|
|PG DCA||Any graudate from recognized university|
|PG DBM||Any graudate from recognized university|
|PGD in Guidance and Counselling (PGDGC)||Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, OR MA/MSc in Psychology|
|CLiSc||Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent recognised by Kakatiya University|
Candidates cannot pursue more than one program simultaneously. This applies to candidates pursuing programs from other universities as well.
Students from all over the country can enroll into the distance education courses offered by Kakatiya University. There is no age limit. UG/Diploma/PG Diploma/Certificate courses have no admission test.
The School of Distance Learning offers Certificate, UG, PG, PG Diploma and Professional courses across various disciplines. The PG courses offered are-
- Master of Arts – M.A (English/Hindi/Urdu/Sanskrit/Public Administration/Political Science/History/Economics/Sociology/HR Management)
- Master of Commerce – M.Com
- Master of Science – M.Sc (Physics/Botany/Zoology/Chemistry)
The Professional courses on offer are M.Sc in Psychology and LLM (Law). UG courses offered are Bachelor of Arts – B.A and Bachelor of Commerce – B.Com(General/Computers). C.LiSc(Library Sciences) and Communication Skills in English are the two Certificate courses.
PG Diploma courses offered are-
- Computer Applications
- Business Management
- Guidance and Counselling
All programmes under the School of Distance Education are approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). Kakatiya University is ‘Grade A’ accredited by NAAC.
WOS under the Department of Science and Technology ranks it as 897. According to World University Rankings it has a national and international rank of 194 and 7124 respectively.
The university received A grade from NAAC
Last Date (Important Dates)
Distance Education Admissions are open from 1st-July-2019. Last date for application is 31st-August-2019.
Last date for January 2020 session is 30-April-2020.
|Admission and Application Procedure||1-Jul-2019 to 31-August-2019|
|Distribution of study material||1-Jul-2019 to 31-August-2019|
School of Distance Learning and Continuing Education,
Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri Hanamkonda,
Warangal – 506 009, Telangana state, India
Phone: 0870-2438877, 2438899
All placements are managed through the training and placement office of Kakatiya University. For more details, please contact Placement Officer, KU, 0871-2461473, email@example.com
The distance education programmes of Kakatiya University have around 160 study centres spread across Telangana state. Some of them are given below –
- SDLCE, Kakatiya University (Main Campus), Warangal
- University Arts and Science College, Subedari, Warangal
- Siddartha Degree & PG College, Siddharthanagar, Narsampet
- University PG College, Khammam
- Degree College, Bhadrachalam
- Selam Pulla Reddy Memorial Degree College, Madhira
- University Satavahana PG College, Karimnagar
- Degree College, Godavarikhani
- Gayathri Degree College, Peddapalli
- Pragathi Junior College, Gopalraopet, Ramadugu
Updated On – 5-December-2019